Level 2: Body and Mind Method (Xing Shen Zhuang)
The Body and Mind Form constitute the second module of training in Zhineng Qigong and is focused mainly on development of internal qi (internal Hunyuan) . There are ten steps in the Form, each of which exercises ligaments and joints in different parts of the body, starting from head to toes. The exercises facilitate the movement of qi to the peripherals of the body and help to clear stagnant qi in parts of the body that are seldom activated, for e.g. the shoulder blades, hip joints and ribs. It is a training to unite the mind with the body and stresses on directling qi movement with physical movements.
Unlike Peng Qi Guan Ding, each step of Xing Shen Zhuang can be isolated and practiced individually.
1. The introduction of Body and Mind Form including the theory, meaning, and the benefits and the characteristics of this form.
2. The movements of Level 2 including ten sections, preparation, and closing. In each section Master Zou Ping will:
- Demonstrate the movements and explain the requirements of each of the movements
- Key points of the movements
- Benefits of each movement.
- Where you need to focus your attention in each movement
Master Zou Ping will provide advanced instruction on how to practice the Body Mind Form well.