FULL TIME FARM MANAGER/FARMER WANTED IN HAWAII
Farming using Korean natural farming methods on our 7 acre farm, manage interns, help maintain farm
Previous farming experience, preferably 2 years experience with Korean Natural Farming; ability to build and maintain a team approach at Kokolulu; electrical, carpentry, plumbing skills a plus; healthy cooking skills a plus. Marketing and development experience a plus
Organization and Personal Skills Required:
You are hard working and even tempered, well organized, take initiative and pride in your work, have excellent communication skills, and committed to Kokolulu’s Food As Medicine Program and our Medicine-less Healing Program using Zhineng QiGong used at the medicine hospital in China from 1988-2001
Compensation Package for the Farm Manager/Farmer:
$2000 package per month – includes housing, utilities, food that you grow from the farm, Wifi, and $500 stipend. Opportunity to learn Zhineng QiGong which we use in our healing program.
*there will be a 30 day trial period – during which time only housing and utilities will provided.
Opportunities for additional compensation:
We are a healing retreat center. Most of our guests come to Kokolulu to deal with chronic health conditions. As a result there may be opportunities to do healthy cooking for our guests. In which case you would compensated for your efforts.
We periodically have opportunities for marketing, development and social media
Opportunities to grow food (market and sell it to outside vendors/farmers markets).Thus generating additional revenue for yourself.
Who is Kokolulu, what do we do, and where are we located:
MISSION: Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreats Inc. located on a 7 acre farm (with a view of the ocean and Maui) in Hawi (North Kohala) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN 01-0954321) that provides education and charitable assistance to those affected by chronic illness (like cancer) by providing holistic healing retreats, research publications, and sharing tools that empower participants to take charge of their own healing journey.
VISION: We envision a safe, healing, nurturing space where those affected by chronic illness (like cancer) are able to access a deeper healing process, while nurturing body, mind, and spirit through scientifically proven integrative techniques. An on-site organic farm provides the retreat with healthy food and medicinal herbs to further boost the immune system and enhance the healing process.
Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreats in Hawaii, is a place where those affected by chronic illness (like cancer) can retreat and learn research-based techniques and food to heal through their own diagnoses or find the peace they seek to let go
Web site: www.kokolulu.org
WE ARE OFF THE GRID – Regular County Water
and only 15 minute walk into the small town of Hawi
Interested in Applying:
Please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (for both persons applying) work history, your contact information, what you have to offer to make the farm successful, references and why you are interested in this position. (Please answer the questions below) Please include an individual photo of each person applying Mahalo!
1Please send us a letter of interest (via e-mail preferably) answering the following questions (please include the question with your response) Don’t forget to send us a photo of yourself:
- What is your background, interests, hobbies, the life style you are looking for, the environment you care to live and work in?
- What do you have to offer us (specific skills/experience – past and present)?
- Are you willing to do cooking (vegetarian style),cleaning, manual labor like pulling weeds, painting, building, etc.?
- Do you have a fear of bugs/Geckos, wildlife, darkness (we are located in a tropical environment – while there are no snakes, there are bugs, etc.)
- Are you an organizer, leader, follower?
- Do have health insurance?
- Are you self motivated?
- Do you enjoy humor?
- When are you available?
- What length of stay are you looking for (we prefer people to come for three months; we sometimes make exceptions if you are from overseas/another country or have specific skills we are seeking)?
- Are you addicted (currently or in the past) to alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs? If so, have you been in treatment? How long ago? Your current status?
- What are you healing in your life right now?
- What’s your motivation/what do you hope to gain from coming here?
- What are your expectations of us?
- Would you be willing to send us personal references)?
We require that you send us a digital picture of yourself.
You are more than welcome to call us at (808) 889-9893 in the USA (preferably around 7:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.) We are three hours earlier than San Francisco on the west coast of the mainland USA. You can find pictures of our place and the area close by throughout our website.
We will contact you via phone and/or email to schedule an onsite interview in Hawi on the island of Hawaii (AKA The Big Island).
Aloha and Peace
Lew Whitney and Karin Cooke
P.O. Box 340 Hawi, Hawaii 06719
Kokolulu Development Director
Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreats is looking for a full time Development Manager. We would appreciate you spreading the word and sending us the names of anyone you think might be a good candidate for the position. Mahalo!
Location: Hawi, Hawaii Island
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Starting Date: Immediate
The Development Director reports to the President and Vice President of Kokolulu Farm & Cancer Retreats, Inc. (KFCR). This person is responsible for developing and implementing an annual fundraising plan that includes memberships, individual, corporate and foundation giving, events, and moves management in order to achieve the financial goals of the organization. Works with the President, Vice President and Board of Directors to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals in support of the mission of Kokolulu.
- Develops, implements and manages an annual giving plan based on annual budget and fundraising goals established by the President and Board of Directors.
- Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
- Identifies prospective donors and builds relationships with volunteers and the community.
- Manages research, strategies and activities for all donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Oversees the management of database and all records and gift processing.
- Develops a planned-giving program and endowment fund as determined by the strategic goals of the organization.
- Develops and supports fundraising by the Board of Directors and other leadership volunteers and committees.
- Provides progress reports regularly to the President, Vice President and Board of Directors.
- Develops an annual fundraising budget.
- Evaluates success and recommends courses of action based on measurable fundraising results.
- Research grant opportunities and write grants and complete reports for grants to reach annual fundraising goals and develop and maintain relationships with corporations and foundations.
- Develop and manage communications, community and public relations activities in accordance and congruence with the annual fundraising plan and direction of the President, Vice President and Board of Directors.
- Write articles for the KFCR print and e-newsletter, blog and other collateral as required.
- Develop and implement a social media plan for bringing more clients to Kokolulu
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with success in generating and building long-term funding relationships and soliciting funds (“making the ask”).
- Advanced understanding of fundraising principles and practices in a non-profit environment including comprehensive fundraising experience with corporations, individual donors, and foundations.
- Experience with the philanthropic realm in Hawaii
- Background in healthcare, social services or related mission area is preferred but not required.
- Interest and general understanding of holistic healing and alternative medicine is preferred.
- Experience developing and managing projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in business writing and editing or grant writing and reporting or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for our mission and the clients and community we serve is a must for success in this position.
- Intermediate knowledge of social media & video marketing and advertising, fundraising database software, Salesforce, Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet applications.
Address: Kokolulu Farm and Cancer Retreats, PO Box 340, Hawi, Hawaii 96719.
Please mail or email cover letter, resume, salary history, three references and writing sample to the address above. Open until filled.